Roasted Green Cauliflower

Be Healthy, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Vegetables May 16, 2010

In last week’s Bountiful Basket, we got a beautiful head of green cauliflower. I wasn’t sure what to do with it, but my favorite way to cook almost any vegetable is to roast it.  So I decided to break up the cauliflower into little florets and roast them at a high temperature.  They turned out delicious!  A little salty and still nice and crispy.  The whole family enjoyed this vegetable!

Roasted Green Cauliflower
-1 head green cauliflower
-1 T. olive oil
-1 t. kosher salt or finishing salt

1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Wash green cauliflower, remove stem and break into small florets.
3. Toss florets in olive oil and salt.  Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning once until edges start to brown.
5. Serve and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

• Reply Boo and Sara May 16, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I love cauliflower although I read somewhere once that it is the most hated vegetable :). I will have to try roasting it, looks delicious.

• Reply Alysa May 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I think a lot of the "most hated" vegetables get a bad rap for being served overcooked. Roasting with olive oil and salt makes anything taste good! Even brussel sprouts :)

• Reply kelly June 24, 2010 at 2:11 am

I tried this tonight and it was delicious! Thanks :-)

• Reply Becca @ Our Crazy Boys July 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Yum! I was going to grill them, but I tried roasting brussel sprouts and they were awesome – so… will e roasting the cauliflower, too :)

• Reply Popcorn Cauliflower – Kids Love It! November 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm

[…] by making cauliflower popcorn with green cauliflower from our Bountiful Basket.  I always love roasting our green cauliflower, but this time I was inspired by my RD friend  Danielle Omar’s […]

• Reply Take the Hated Veggie Challenge February 24, 2012 at 1:54 pm

[…] result is beautiful caramelization with a satisfying salty crunch.  You can find a couple examples here and here.  You can also browse through my recipe page for inspiration or some of the many food […]