Roasted Green Cauliflower

Be Healthy, Gluten-Free, Recipes, Vegetables May 16, 2010

In last week’s Bountiful Basket, we got a beautiful head of green cauliflower. I wasn’t sure what to do with it, but my favorite way to cook almost any vegetable is to roast it.  So I decided to break up the cauliflower into little florets and roast them at a high temperature.  They turned out delicious!  A little salty and still nice and crispy.  The whole family enjoyed this vegetable!

Roasted Green Cauliflower
Ingredients:
-1 head green cauliflower
-1 T. olive oil
-1 t. kosher salt or finishing salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 475.
2. Wash green cauliflower, remove stem and break into small florets.
3. Toss florets in olive oil and salt.  Spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes turning once until edges start to brown.
5. Serve and enjoy!

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

• Reply Boo and Sara May 16, 2010 at 3:11 pm

I love cauliflower although I read somewhere once that it is the most hated vegetable :). I will have to try roasting it, looks delicious.

• Reply Alysa May 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm

I think a lot of the "most hated" vegetables get a bad rap for being served overcooked. Roasting with olive oil and salt makes anything taste good! Even brussel sprouts :)

• Reply kelly June 24, 2010 at 2:11 am

I tried this tonight and it was delicious! Thanks :-)

• Reply Becca @ Our Crazy Boys July 24, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Yum! I was going to grill them, but I tried roasting brussel sprouts and they were awesome – so… will e roasting the cauliflower, too :)

• Reply Popcorn Cauliflower – Kids Love It! November 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm

[…] by making cauliflower popcorn with green cauliflower from our Bountiful Basket.  I always love roasting our green cauliflower, but this time I was inspired by my RD friend  Danielle Omar’s […]

• Reply Take the Hated Veggie Challenge February 24, 2012 at 1:54 pm

[…] result is beautiful caramelization with a satisfying salty crunch.  You can find a couple examples here and here.  You can also browse through my recipe page for inspiration or some of the many food […]