|Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole||
- 6 tomatillos, husk removed, washed and quartered
- 1 yellow onion, outer skin removed and quartered
- 1 jalapeno, top removed, cut in half and seeded (leave some seeds in for more heat)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
- Preheat your broiler. Toss the tomatillo, onion and jalapeno in olive oil in a square glass baking dish. Roast for 15-20 minutes until everything starts to get charred.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, set aside and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Once they have cooled, toss the tomatillos, onion and jalapeno into a food processor or blender.
- Puree until smooth, then place in refrigerator to cool.
- When almost ready to serve, prepare your avocados and cilantro. Chop avocado into large chunks and roughly chop the cilantro. Toss together and add the juice of one lime.
- Serve with chips and watch it disappear!