Ingredients: -1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1-inch chunks
-1 bunch swiss chard
-2 Tbsp. olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, minced -1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
-whole nutmeg for grating (or 1 tsp. ground nutmeg)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place diced sweet potato onto baking sheet and roast dry in the oven for 20 minutes.
2. Wash and prepare swiss chard by removing stems and chopping leaves into 2-inch wide strips. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large pan. Add swiss chard and garlic to pan (and red pepper flakes if you want a little heat), toss swiss chard around the pan until it starts to wilt a little.
3. Place lid on pan and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
4. Remove sweet potato chunks from oven and toss into pan with swiss chard for last few minutes of cooking.
5. If you are using whole nutmeg, use a microplane to grate about 1 tsp. of nutmeg over swiss chard and sweet potatoes. If you have ground nutmeg, sprinkle over pan. Toss it all together and serve!
Hi! I’m Alysa – dietitian, baseball wife, mom, celiac, justice advocate, and proud wearer of onion-goggles. From food & fitness to faith & family, I believe there’s inspiration to be tapped in our everyday lives. Join me! To learn more, click here.
I do my best to screen ads, but do not always have 100% control over what comes up. Please let me know if you see an inappropriate ad. Ads do not imply endorsement.
Nutrition & Fitness Expert
Recipes, reviews, fitness/nutrition advice are not meant to treat or cure any medical condition or disease. Always consult with your doctor about your personal health and wellness. Always do your own research on products and companies before using a product you find on the internet. Inspired RD does not claim responsibility for any of the products, restaurants or companies discussed on this site. All blog content is for entertainment purposes only.
Site Designed by Zesty Blog Consulting