|Easy Stuffed Green Peppers made with whatever is in your pantry||
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large green bell peppers, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 package chicken & apple sausages, chopped
- 1 can Eden organic black eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups bulgur, cooked
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat large pot with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and zucchini, cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausages and seasoning, cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add bulgur and black eyed peas, stir and let heat through.
- Place green pepper halves into a square baking dish, cut side up.
- Sprinkle bottom of green peppers with half of the cheese.
- Fill peppers as full as you can with the sausage/bulgur mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If cheese is not browned on top, stick under broiler for 1 minute.