|Chicken & Sweet Onion Crockpot Dinner|
- 6 chicken thighs (can be frozen)
- 1½ Tbsp. lower-sodium soy sauce (I used gluten-free)
- 1½ Tbsp. turbinado sugar (can use any kind of sugar)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, pepper, garlic, red pepper flakes and olive oil in a small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Place onion slices on top of chicken.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 2 hours then on low for 3-4 hours or until ready to serve. (Cooking times will vary depending on crockpot and whether chicken is fresh or frozen.)
- Serve chicken over rice and garnish with fresh parsley.
(adapted from A Year of Slow Cooking)