Welcome to this month’s Recipe ReDux! When I found out that our theme is chocolate, I was pretty stumped. I’m not much of a baker, so chocolate chip cookies were out. A healthy recipe using chocolate? Hmm…..
Inspiration hit me last week when a friend mentioned that she thought of me while sipping a smoothie made with raw cacoa powder. A smoothie with chocolate? What a wonderful idea!
Coming up with a recipe was harder than I thought. The first two attempts were duds. But the third came out perfect. Nice and thick, a little sweet, and with my favorite combination of flavors, chocolate and nut butter. Yum! This recipe can be made with quite a few variations. I hope you will find one that you like as much as we did.
Cheers to a healthy chocolate shake!
- 1 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder (use raw cacao powder if you can find it)
- 1 Tbsp. nut butter (I prefer almond butter, Jeff prefers peanut butter)
- 1 tsp. honey (optional – use if banana not very ripe)
- 1.5 cups ice (add less ice for smoother shake)
- Put all ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend until smooth.