Coconutty Turkey Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
I can’t take credit for these tasty nuggets. My mom made a batch and sent a container home with me a few weeks ago.
They were for the kids.
I ate them all.
I thought I should make it up to them, so I made a batch. Then another. Then another. We have been having them once a week ever since. Partly because they’re so easy, partly because they’re so healthy, and mostly because they are so darn good.
Give them a try, but don’t forget to save some for the kids.
- 2 whole carrots
- 1 lb. organic free-range ground turkey (could also use chicken)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¼ cup spicy mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse carrots until finely shredded.
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, ground turkey, egg, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until everything is incorporated.
- Using your hands, make small nuggets, about 2 Tablespoons each. Drop into shredded coconut and roll around until completely coated. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the turkey. Bake at 400 for 12-14 minutes, until cooked through. Serve immediately with honey mustard dipping sauce*
- *Honey mustard dipping sauce - combine spicy mustard and honey. Mix well.
- Optional - serve in butter lettuce cups. Also perfect for lunches, as these can be served cold!