It has been 24 hours since prepping my little heart out, and I am like a kid in a candy store. What salad should I eat first? How about a nibble or two from the sliced veggie box? Maybe a chicken sandwich? It’s like my kitchen has been transformed into a restaurant take-away cooler. It’s so fun!
Today for lunch I decided on the Asian Tuna Salad. Served up in lettuce cups with fruit on the side, this was the perfect quick and easy midday meal. And although I have no problem with mayo (I adore a smear on my BLT), this tuna salad is light, fresh, and bursting with flavor. Give it a try!
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- ½ cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. chili pepper flakes (Optional. Adjust for heat preference)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 whole green onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir and refrigerate. Serve over lettuce or in lettuce cups.