Meyer Lemon Slow Cooker Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- 1 organic cut up chicken
- 2 sweet potatoes, cleaned and diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh sage or thyme, chopped
- ¼ cup meyer lemon juice (1 lemon)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup low-sodium free range chicken broth
- ½ tsp. grey salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 meyer lemon, thinly sliced
- In a slow cooker, arrange diced sweet potatoes on bottom. Layer chicken on top of sweet potatoes, then top with lemon slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken. Top with fresh herbs.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 7-8 hours.
Recipe by Inspired RD at http://inspiredrd.com/2012/12/meyer-lemon-slow-cooker-chicken-with-sweet-potatoes/