Mexican Street Corn Salad
Craving Mexican Street Corn in the winter? Follow this simple recipe to bring that summer flavor into your kitchen anytime!
- 16 oz bag frozen sweet corn *feel free to substitute fresh corn in the summer!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions green parts only
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime plus wedges for serving
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese finely crumbled (use feta cheese if you can't find cotija)
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Jalapeno diced (optional)
Add oil to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add corn, use a large spoon or spatula to push it into a single layer. (Depending on your pan, you might have to cook the corn in batches.) Let corn cook for at least 3 minutes before stirring (too much stirring and your corn will not char correctly).
Stir the corn and push it back into a single layer. Cook for 3 more minutes, then repeat. Continue until corn is sufficiently charred (about 10-12 minutes total).
In a large bowl, combine corn and all other ingredients. Stir and serve with lime wedges and fresh cilantro.