Turnip & Sweet Potato Pancakes
Pan fried or baked, these are a great way to use root veggies!
- 3 turnips trimmed, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup scallions green part only plus 1 Tbsp. reserved for garnish
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all purpose gluten-free flour I used Cup4Cup
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil optional for frying
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
In a large saucepan, cook the turnips and sweet potato for 15 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from water and let cool in a large mixing bowl.
Mash turnips and sweet potato with a fork, then stir in scallions, egg and flour.
For frying: Heat grapeseed oil in a large pan over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add 1/4 cup turnip-potato mixture to the pan and flatten with back of the measuring cup. Cook 3-4 minutes per side until browned. Remove and let cool on a paper towel lined plate.
For baking: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and measure out 1/4 cup turnip-potato mixture onto parchment paper, flattening into a patty with back of measuring cup. Bake 15 minutes per side.