Quick Pickled Carrots with Garlic and Dill
This quick pickle recipe will work with any veggie you have on hand! I love making quick pickles with cucumbers, carrots, or asparagus.
- 4 large carrots peeled and sliced lengthwise to fit in jar
- 1.5 tablespoons Celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 3/4 cups distilled white vinegar 5 percent acidity
- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 3 large garlic cloves halved
- 8 dill sprigs
Pack carrots, dill and garlic into 1 clean 1-quart glass jar (I re-used a pickle jar from the store). In another jar, combine the salt, sugar, vinegar, and coriander. Shake until the salt and sugar dissolve. Add water and pour the brine over the vegetables. Add extra water if needed to keep the vegetables submerged. Close the jar and refrigerate overnight or for up to 1 month.