Cold & Colorful Quinoa Salad
This colorful salad is perfect as a side dish at a summer potluck, but it is also hearty enough to star on it's own as the main dish!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 13/4 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth make sure to check for gluten-free label if celiac, and use vegetable broth if you need this dish to be vegan or vegetarian
- 1 can Eden Organic navy beans drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 english cucumber diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 4 green onions diced
- 1/4 cup red cabbage diced
- 1/2 orange bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
In a medium saucepan, heat broth until boiling. Add quinoa (be sure to rinse quinoa as directed on package), stir, place lid on pot and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Add quinoa and mix.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to serve as a cold salad.