Think You Hate Brussels Sprouts? Try These!
Christmas week this year featured many scrumptious dishes, mostly prepared by my dad. The first night though, was my turn to cook. My grandma (Gee-Gee as the kids call her) was in town from Kansas, and I found out that she is an avid reader of my blog (thanks Grandma!). We had so much fun hanging out, and the kids really enjoyed getting to know her again.
We took advantage of the nice weather and had a little batting practice before dinner.
I prepared a mouth-watering apple butter pork loin with coconut rice on the side. My mom made the meal complete with our favorite roasted brussels sprouts. I know what you’re thinking, NO ONE likes brussels sprouts! Well, I challenge you to try them prepared this way before you totally give up on this vegetable. C’mon, just one little taste!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- fresh brussels sprouts (buy them on the stalk if you can)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Wash brussels sprouts and cut off the ends, dry with a paper towel. If the brussels sprouts are overly large, you can cut them in half. Otherwise, keep them whole.
- Toss brussels sprouts with enough olive oil to coat, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a large baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until brown and crispy on the outside, shaking once halfway through cooking.
- Serve and enjoy! YES enjoy your brussels sprouts!