Vegetarian Grilled Stuffed Burritos for Meatless Monday
If you have jumped onto the Meatless Monday train, tonight is your first meatless night! Last week I gave you a list of meatless meal ideas, but I wanted to give you another one today. This one is perfect for those of you who don’t always plan ahead. Keep these ingredients in your pantry, and you can whip up a quick vegetarian dinner any time you need one!
Vegetarian Grilled Stuffed Burritos
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can lowest-sodium black beans, rinsed
One 4oz. can diced green chiles
1/2 cup Mexican beer (such as Tecate)
2 cups frozen corn (or 1 can lowest-sodium canned corn)
1 can lowest-sodium diced tomatoes, rinsed
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (1/2 lime)
4 large tortillas
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in black beans and jalapenos. Cook for 2 minutes while lightly mashing the beans against the side of the pan.
2. Stir beer into black beans and green chiles and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes, continuing to mash the beans against the side of the pan every few minutes.
3. Stir in corn and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes (until heated through). Stir in lime juice and take mixture off heat.
4. Lay tortillas on a work surface. Sprinkle cheese in center of the tortilla then spoon 1/4 cup of bean mixture on top. Fold up into a burrito.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Place burrito folded side down and cook until browned. Flip over and brown other side. Cut in half and serve. (recipe inspired by Rachael Ray)
Leftovers are great as a dip!
My favorite part is the browned crispy tortilla.
What are you making for
Meatless Monday this week?