One of my favorite things to do with fresh summer veggies is to chop them up and throw them together for a simple marinated salad. Drizzle a little olive oil and vinegar on top, stir in a shake of salt and pepper, and marinate until dinner. Fresh, simple, beautiful. The marinated salad.
Serve with spicy salt if you like a little heat. Our favorite is Vulcan’s Fire Salt from The Spice House. You can even toss in whatever fresh herbs you have lying around, but you don’t have to. Make this salad your own.
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 armenian cucumber, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow summer squash, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss diced vegetables with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Marinate for 2-24 hours. Serve with spicy salt.