I ate a lot of meat in Ethiopia. A lot. Many times it was my only safe gluten-free option. As tasty as it was, I was more than ready for some fresh fruits and vegetables when I got home. This week I’ve been devouring bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, strawberries, apples, and grapes. When I started to think about what I would do for this month’s Recipe ReDux challenge (a “no cook” meal), I knew it had to be something fresh and colorful. This salad is just that. Pleasing to the eye, a cinch to throw together, and deliciously satisfying. This white bean salad is perfect for a hot summer night.
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 2 cans Eden Organic Great Northern Beans, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1 cup Armenian cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ cup radicchio, chopped
- ¼ cup shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk in stone ground mustard.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or chill.
Make sure to check out some more “no cook” recipes below!