Simple No-Cook Summer Meal ::: White Bean Salad

Be Healthy, Gluten-Free, Main Dishes, Recipe ReDux, Recipes, Salads, Vegetarian July 20, 2012
No Cook Summer Meal - White Bean Salad

I ate a lot of meat in Ethiopia.  A lot.  Many times it was my only safe gluten-free option.  As tasty as it was, I was more than ready for some fresh fruits and vegetables when I got home.  This week I’ve been devouring bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, strawberries, apples, and grapes.

When I started to think about what I would do for this month’s Recipe ReDux challenge (a “no cook” meal), I knew it had to be something fresh and colorful.  This salad is just that.  Pleasing to the eye, a cinch to throw together, and deliciously satisfying.  This white bean salad is perfect for a hot summer night.

White Bean Salad
Recipe type: Main
Perfect no-cook meal for a hot summer day! Would be great for a potluck or picnic too.
  • Zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
  • ¼ tsp. sea salt
  • ¼ tsp. black pepper
  • 1 tsp. stone ground mustard
  • 2 cans Eden Organic Great Northern Beans, rinsed
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
  • 1 cup Armenian cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
  • ½ cup radicchio, chopped
  • ¼ cup shallot, chopped
  • ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
  1. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Whisk in stone ground mustard.
  2. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
  3. Serve immediately or chill.

Make sure to check out some more “no cook” recipes below!

// ]]>

You Might Also Like

• Reply Kristina @ Love and Zest July 21, 2012 at 3:08 am

love the colors in this salad!! sounds like it would have a wonderful flavor and texture!

• Reply Jeanette July 21, 2012 at 5:59 am

I’m really enjoying all these no-cook recipes from this round-up. What a fantastic one dish salad recipe!

• Reply Nicole @WholeHealthRD July 21, 2012 at 7:18 am

Beautful photo! I love salads like this – so fresh and crunchy! I like the addition of radicchio, I’ll have to remember that.

• Reply Deanna @ Teaspoon of Spice July 21, 2012 at 7:38 am

Love a good bean salad with lots of summery, crunchy veggies – looks great. And welcome home! Really enjoyed reading all your posts from Ethopia especially when you met your sponsored child – so moving.

• Reply Janel July 21, 2012 at 10:07 am

I love cold bean salads!!! Welcome back. Glad your trip was so amazing.

• Reply Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian July 21, 2012 at 10:08 am

This look so refreshing!
    This salad is definitely going to go in my rotation! Along with salads and smoothies which is about all I can eat in this Vegas heat! :)

• Reply Kristen Howerton July 21, 2012 at 10:10 am

This looks so good – can’t wait to try it!

• Reply Shelah Phillipsen July 21, 2012 at 11:05 am

Looks amazing!!! I may make this tomorrow for lunch/dinner with enough to bring to work for lunch.

• Reply Dr Barb, Nutrition Budgeteer July 21, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Your photo looks great. Makes me want to make this. What a good way to use beans.

• Reply Danielle Omar - Food Confidence RD July 21, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I just cooked up a batch of fresh white beans and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them. Now I do! Thanks for the inspiration. :)

• Reply Marie July 21, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I love this photo and the recipe, beans are such an inexpensive, easy source of protein- thanks for the great idea on how to use them :)

• Reply Regan @ The Professional Palate July 22, 2012 at 4:07 am

Bean salads are truly one of my all time faves, no cook or not. This looks delish… and welcome home!

• Reply teri@managedmacros July 22, 2012 at 5:03 am

I live the font addition to your pics!!! I LOVE the no cook meal theme…totally up my alley!!! Your dish looks clean and nutritious, my cup o’ tea, I mean beans! 😉

• Reply Caroline @ SweetFoodie July 22, 2012 at 7:08 am

Your photo is amazing, and wow that recipe sounds good. I have white beans in my pantry and I know what to do with them! :-)

• Reply Jillian {Her Split Ends} July 22, 2012 at 8:07 am

This sounds so delicious…and simple!! Can’t wait to try it {might even be something i can get the hubby to enjoy!!}

~ Jillian

*There’s still time to enter to win the Good Belly fabulous freebie at Her Split ends!!

• Reply Kalyn July 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

Sounds good!

• Reply inspiredrd July 24, 2012 at 2:15 pm

Thank you Kalyn!

• Reply Liz - Meal Makeover Mom July 23, 2012 at 7:23 pm

What a lovely recipe. I’m sure it was a nice change of pace from your meat-filled diet. I’d love to hear about your trip. Let me know if you’ll be at FNCE this year. Would be so nice to meet up :)

• Reply inspiredrd July 24, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I won’t be at FNCE this year but am hoping to make BlogHer Food in Austin, will you be there?

• Reply Alexandra Caspero July 23, 2012 at 8:11 pm

Yum! I love white beans, they are creamy and let crunchy, summer flavors really shine. This looks great, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Katelyn July 26, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Had this over at Joy’s house this last week and just made a batch of it for our house!!! Soo yummy :) thanks for the great recipe!

• Reply Martha@ Simple Nourished Living July 30, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I love white beans and this colorful salad looks so healthy and delicious, I can’t wait to try it.

• Reply Eat Healthy at a Summer Music Festival | Three Apples A Day August 6, 2013 at 7:17 pm

[…] calorie-dense and nutrient-void choices you might eat later. Grain- or bean-based salads, like this No-Cook White Bean Salad, Protein Packed Grain Salad, and Roasted Spring Vegetable Farro Salad with White Beans pack […]

• Reply Summer Recipes: No Cook Meals - Growing Up Gabel June 3, 2014 at 4:51 pm

[…] White Bean Salad from Inspired RD […]