Which do you like better? Blueberry?
Can’t make up your mind? I couldn’t either. That’s why I made two gluten-free crisps on Sunday. Don’t worry, I made them to share, and you can too. Grab a bag of green apples, a pint of blueberries and a box of strawberries. The rest of the ingredients should already be in your cabinet from making the original raspberry-apple crisp.
Because I know you make all of my recipes.
- 4 cups green apples, cored, and sliced thin
- 1 pint blueberries OR equal amount sliced strawberries
- 3 Tbsp organic sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Cup 4 Cup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Earth Balance, cut into small cubes
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place sliced apples in a pie plate. Add the lemon juice, cornstarch, and sugar. Mix with your hands. Place blueberries or strawberries on top of apple mixture.
- Now prepare the topping. In a medium sized bowl place the quinoa flakes, brown sugar, gluten-free flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir the dry ingredients together. Now add the butter, and work in using a pastry cutter or a fork. You want the topping to be crumbly. (If making both blueberry and strawberry crisps at the same time, you can double the topping recipe).
- Sprinkle the topping over the apple-berry mixture and bake, for 35 minutes.
- Invite friends over and serve with ice cream.