I repeat, we were NOT TIRED.
For my personal food safety (and to save money) we packed all of our own food for the hotel stay. I made a giant pasta salad, packed lots of fruit and snacks, and for breakfast, Leila and I made some zucchini muffins with entirely too many chocolate chips.
They were delicious.
Paired with hotel coffee, they were the perfect start to a day of sunning, splashing, and napping.
- 2 cups (256 grams) all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Pamela's)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups grated zucchini (seeds removed)
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼-1/2 cup chocolate chips (use mini Enjoy Life chips if you can find them)
- Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together gluten-free flour, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil, and sugar for one minute on medium.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients to form a batter.
- Fold in grated zucchini, lemon zest and chocolate chips.
- Fill lined muffin tins half full and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Does your family do staycations? Do you bring your own food or eat out?