-add sauteed onions
-add sauteed mushrooms
-serve with sour cream
-add shredded chicken, pork or beef.
We ate our enchiladas with some amazing Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole. I will post that recipe for you later!
Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 roasted green chilis or two 4 oz. cans chopped green chiles
- 2 cans black beans rinsed
- 3 large tomatoes or two 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 T. chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 4 C. salsa
- 16 large tortillas
- 1/2 red onion
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel your sweet potatoes, and chop them into 1-inch chunks. Spread them out on ungreased cookie sheets in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop up your garlic, red onion, green chiles and tomatoes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and reduce the temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the garlic and green chiles and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the black beans, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the roasted sweet potatoes and let everything cook together for about 5 minutes.
- While the filling is on the stove, prepare two 9×13 glass dishes by spraying lightly with olive oil spray, and coating the bottom with a light layer of salsa. Grab your tortillas, and set up a filling station.
- Place a spoonful of filling into the middle of each tortilla, roll it up and place it seam-side down in your dish. Repeat until there are eight enchiladas per pan.
- Spoon any extra filling over the top. Add 1 cup salsa and half of the chopped red onion to the top of each dish.
- Bake the enchiladas for 20 minutes. (At this point I put one in the oven and one in the freezer)
- Serve and enjoy!