I put this salad together the other night with some of the organic ingredients from my Bountiful Basket. The combination of flavors was outstanding, and Jeff and I gobbled it up! I call it a Christmas salad because of the beautiful red and green colors, but this would be a delicious salad any time of the year.
Pear & Pomegranate Christmas Salad
A festive salad for any occasion!
- -1 bunch spinach or one bag of baby spinach, washed and torn
- -1 pear halved and thinly sliced
- -1/4 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- -2 Tbsp. gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- -2 Tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- -2 Tbsp. pecans roughly chopped
- In a serving bowl, toss in spinach then red onion slices. Fan out pear slices, then sprinkle gorgonzola, pomegranate seeds and pecans on top. DO NOT TOSS or all of the smaller ingredients will fall to the bottom. Serve with your favorite vinaigrette.
A festive salad for a festive season!