1. Bundle the family up and take a walk around the block after dinner to look at the Christmas lights. If you live in a snowy area, you could even pull the kids in a sled for an extra calorie burn!
2. Host a family dance-off. Put everyone’s name in a hat and pull out two at a time to see who will face off. Crank up the music and start dancing! Vote to determine who will advance to the next round until a champion is declared.
3. Take the family to the ice-skating rink. Even if you’re not Nancy Kerigan, you will still burn over 400 calories an hour!
4. Hitting those last-minute sales? Head to the mall one hour before the stores open to get in a brisk walk. Mix in some lunges and push-ups for even more of a workout.
5. Squat and Bake: Tighten that tush by adding in squats between each ingredients in your baking recipes. Add the sugar, do 5 squats. Beat the egg, do 5 squats. By the time the goodies come out of the oven, you will have finished one heck of a lower-body workout!