You all seemed to have a lot of fun
laughing learning about me on my birthday last year, so I thought we could try it again.
1. I am 34 years old today.
2. I have more than 34 grey hairs on my head.
3. My husband has 534 grey hairs on his head. I’m winning.
4. I’m competitive.
5. I would rather do 100 loads of laundry than clean the bathroom.
6. I’m a crockpot. If you ask me a question and I’m quiet for a few minutes, it’s because I’m processing things slowly and carefully. I promise I’m not ignoring you.
7. Sometimes I wish I could take a vacation from my brain (it’s so loud in here!).
8. I spend way too much time dwelling in the land of “mommy guilt.”
9. I am a hoarder of thrifted afghans.
10. I still have my overalls and Birkenstocks from high school. Please let me know when it’s cool to wear them again.
11. I wish we would all stop comparing ourselves to each other.
12. I’m an introvert.
13. Wine is my love language.
14. One of my biggest strengths is cheerleading. Not actual cheerleading (I couldn’t do the splits to save my life), but seeing someone doing something awesome and telling the world about it. (How can I cheer you on?)
15. I wish I could travel the world without leaving my house.
16. I love tattoos but don’t have any of my own.
17. I’m a shover-inner. If it doesn’t fit, I just shove until it does.
18. I can’t float on my back. My legs always sink.
19. Sometimes I have a mean look on my face and don’t realize it. I’m really just lost in thought. I’m not a snob, I promise.
20. I own two guitars and don’t know how to play them.
21. I wish I was turning 21 so I could be done with this list.
22. I’m a rule-follower so I will finish this list, even if it takes me all night.
23. Baseball feels like home to me.
24. I miss fireflies and cool summer nights with the attic fan running.
25. My smile is off-centered. When I had braces, I was missing an adult tooth, so they pulled all of my back teeth forward to fill in the gap. This pulled my smile slightly off center. (Now you are all going to stare at me when I smile, aren’t you?)
26. The veins on the back of my right hand form an “A”. That’s kind of weird, right?
27. If you come over to hang out and my house is messier than usual, it just means we’re becoming better friends.
28. Jeff proposed to me on a baseball field. In January. In Oklahoma. It was freezing and awesome.
29. I miss being spontaneous with food.
30. I realize that having celiac disease is not the end of the world, but every once in a while it feels like it.
31. Nothing delights me like a good nap.
32. I love banjo music. Love.
33. My front porch is where flowers go to die.
34. I’m glad I don’t look like this anymore. —–>