This post brought to you by Love Beets. All opinions are 100% mine.
We love beets around here. In fact, Joe asks for them almost every night. And although we grow a ton of beets in our garden, taking the time to cook them before dinner doesn’t always happen.
That’s why I am in love with the new Love Beets product. Not only are they already cooked (Yay!), but they come in a variety of infused flavors.
Y’all, I can’t get over how GOOD these are. Baby beets infused with white wine and balsamic vinegar? Try to stop me from eating the whole pack. Baby beets in a Sweetfire Marinade? Ohmygoodness.
I love tossing these on salads, serving them as a side with dinner, or just snacking on them right out of the box. The kids love them too. (See below for a salad recipe I put together while experimenting with the beets.)
And it doesn’t hurt that beets are a heart-healthy superfood (this is American Heart Month after all). These colorful root vegetables can help fight oxidation of “bad” cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and help decrease risk of heart attack and stroke.
Ready to try them for yourself? Enter the “Beet the Odds” Facebook Contest:
- Love Beets will post four beet recipes and ask fans to share their favorite recipe in order to receive a $1-off coupon and be entered in the sweeps for a chance to win a grand prize.
- The grand prize includes a year’s supply of Love Beets (26 free product vouchers) and a free nutrition/healthy living consultation with a noted nutritionist and cookbook author Ellie Krieger.
- 3 cups swiss chard leaves, chopped
- 1 cup swiss chard stems, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 package Love Beets infused with white wine and balsamic vinegar, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Optional toppings: Shelled pistachios, Crumbled goat cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions: Toss all ingredients together and top with optional toppings. Serve cold or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated and received free samples of the products mentioned. All opinions stated are my own.