It turned out even better than I remembered, and I may have had another piece for breakfast this morning. You can find the recipe for the cake here, and I’ll be posting the fish taco recipe next week.
While I was cooking yesterday, I took a few minutes to whip up some arugula bean dip. Having a healthy dip on hand helps me reach for veggies, crackers and dip for a snack instead of sweet treats (or more cake). It only takes a few minutes to put together, and will last in the fridge for a few days.
Pair with your favorite veggies and crackers (see here with Mary’s Gone Crackers). This would be a perfect dip for a spring brunch or party too!
- 3 cups lightly packed arugula
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice & Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- In a food processor, combine arugula, oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and salt. Process until nearly smooth, using a spatula to wipe down the sides of the bowl.
- Add cannellini beans and pulse until mixture is combined (should still be somewhat chunky in texture). Stir in diced tomato.
- Serve with your favorite crackers (Seen here with Mary's Gone Crackers)
What kind of healthy snacks keep you away from reaching for sweet treats?