Salsa chicken was one of the first dinner recipes I learned how to make after getting married. I probably made it once a week back then. I like that it’s quick, easy, healthy and gathers many compliments from the husband. I had almost forgotten about it recently until I started putting it on the Mamavation Moms’ meal plans. Their families were loving it, so I decided it to put it back into our dinner rotation.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can lowest sodium black beans rinsed
- 1½ cups salsa
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add cumin and stir to cover chicken.
- Add salsa, corn, and black beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until corn is heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Serve over cooked pasta with cilantro sprinkled on top.
We tried out quinoa pasta this time, but you can use any kind you like. This dinner cooks up in no time!
I hope you enjoy it.