Wrap it up in foil and throw into the oven at 350. Or 325. Or 400. It really doesn’t matter. If you are baking a main dish, just throw it right in there with it. Bake for 30-45 minutes until the cloves are nice and soft.
Pop the garlic cloves out with your fingers. They should come out very easily. At this point, you can use the roasted garlic for any number of things.
-Make real garlic bread by spreading the garlic and some olive oil onto bread and popping it under the broiler for a few minutes.
-Toss roasted garlic into a pasta dish for a new level of flavor.
-Smash it up and throw it into a bowl of mashed potatoes.
-Take a couple cloves and make roasted garlic salad dressing.
-Toss it around with roasted vegetables or ratatouille.
Or you could make some roasted garlic hummus like I did…
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp. tahini
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bulb roasted garlic
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Sriracha sauce optional
- Blend all ingredients to food processor until smooth. Serve with raw vegetables or pita bread. Garnish with Sriracha sauce if desired. I plated my hummus twice once without the Sriracha (for the kids) and once with a Sriracha heart (for the grinning guy below).
- Blend all ingredients to food processor until smooth. Serve with raw vegetables or pita bread. Garnish with Sriracha sauce if desired. I plated my hummus twice, once without the Sriracha (for the kids) and once with a Sriracha heart (for the grinning guy below).
Don’t forget to check out the Recipe ReDux roundup below for more condiments, spreads, and salad dressings in this month’s theme “Dressing for Success”.
- Carlene Helble-Carlene’s Figments – Roasted Eggplant Pepper Schmeer
- Deanna Segrave-Daly – Teaspoon of Spice – Sicilian Relish
- Cherie Schetselaar Grain Crazy – Fry Sauce
- Dr Barb – Nutrition Budgeteer – Jalapeno Ranch Dressing is Versatile & Healthier
- Elizabeth Jarrard- Don’t (White) Sugar-Coat it – Spicy Tahini Dressing
- Kara Lydon – Peace, Love, and Food – Edamame Hummus
- Kat Lynch – Eating The Week – Citrus Sesame Avocado Dressing
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition – Recipe Redux Kitchen Garden Salsa Verde
- Emma Cutfield-The Hearty Heart – Go-Go-Goji: Blood Building Salad Dressing
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense – Sweet Peanut Sauce & Dressing
- Regan @ The Professional Palate – Ponzu Sauce
- Danielle Omar – Food Confidence RD – Recipe Redux: Your New Favorite Vinaigrette
- Stephanie Howard – Give Them Something Better – Creamy Garlic Feta Dressing
- Nicole Ferring Holovach – Whole Health RD – Mapple Salad Dressing
- Kristen @ Swanky Dietitian – Italian Vinaigrette Artichoke Dressing
- Ann Dunaway Teh – Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish – Thai Basil Peanut Pesto
- Kristina @ Love and Zest – Spiced Pumpkin Dip
- Meg @ Meg’s Food Reality – Sweet Potato Hummus
- gretchen | kumquat – dariy-free ranch dressing
- Everyday Tastiness – Pistachio Butter
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD – How to Roast Garlic & a Recipe for Roasted Garlic Hummus
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD – Creamy Triple Pepper and Kale Dip
- Liz Weiss & Janice Newell Bissex – Meal Makeover Moms’ Kitchen – Garden-Fresh Tomato & Avocado Salsa
- Jessica Fishman Levinson – Nutritioulicious – Butternut Squash Cream Cheese Spread
- Diane Welland Honey Fig Jam http://eatwelleatclean.com/