Never before have I felt so ready to start over.
In 2016, I felt…out of it. I’m not sure how else to describe it. In between moments of clarity and energy, I mostly felt blah. Focus was hard to come by, and my brain struggled to read, write, and process information.
Some of this stems from autoimmune issues. I had a massive setback in February and multiple incidents throughout the year. I think my body is still trying to catch up.
When I started pondering a word for 2017, the first one that came to mind was HEALTH. This was the year I was finally going to get healthy.
But…I don’t know if that’s true. HEALTH is not something I can control.
But what I can do is HEAL my body in ways I can control. I can eat more vegetables and avoid inflammatory foods. I can exercise and rest. I can schedule doctor appointments and ask for help when I need it.
I may not be able to control all of my health issues, but I am not helpless.
Here are a few goals I have set to get started on the year of healing:
– No dairy (I typically don’t consume dairy but went a little wild with it in December)
– Less caffeine
– No wine (Insert crying face emoticon here)
– Exercise 5 days a week and tailor my workouts to how my body is feeling (gentle to high intensity)
– Yoga once a week
– Learn aromatherapy basics so I can safely and effectively use essential oils (starting with this free course)
– Daily dry brushing
– Daily probiotic (currently taking a daily Gut Shot)
I have set up a simple system in my bullet journal to keep me on track, and even though I’m not perfect, the daily reminder has helped. (You can also see some of my other goals here – bible reading, crafting, etc.)
This may be a year of health, and it may not. But it will be a year that I help myself heal.
What’s your word for 2017?